Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US
(08-05-2019, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I applaud the forum members for their general tone up to this point and their strive for solution rather than blame; therefore, I am hesitant to continue this further. But my last contribution this this point will be as follows:

There are dangerous people and there are those that wish to do us harm. I get that you're Liberal and want to paint his message as "All Brown people are bad" but some folks see that's not the message.  Weak-minded such as this shooter may infer that. So no, I don't think Trump needs to demand folks have a certain view of illegal immigrants, but he must demand that regardless of our feelings and differences violence is not the answer. And he must demand responses from alt right leaders who may have a "all brown people are bad' mentality.

Actually, I'm a bit of a "what's the point" libertarian.  Trump can demand Americans go on killing sprees for all it matters.  It's the job of the voters to send the message that saying stuff like that isn't cool.  Trump isn't president because we wanted a reasonable guy in office, that's my stance.  The guy uses violent rhetoric to whip up support, so acting like it's time to put the toothpaste back in the tube now is admirable but probably meaningless.

I don't hate the player, I hate the game...so to speak.

EDIT - I will admit though that as much as Obama and Hillary led me away from the democratic party, Trump is sort of leading me back to it. Then again, the 2020 election will sour me on that again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US - Nately120 - 08-05-2019, 02:28 PM