Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green - Probably his last season as a Bengal
(08-05-2019, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think so, too.

I'd also say that he likely already has more than enough money to retire comfortably, enjoy the rest of his life, and still have bundles to leave behind to his family.  However, I'm sure that he still has that competitive juice, and wants to be paid respectably for his abilities.  Taking into account that he's missed about 25% of the year for the past 5 years, I'd say that the management is trying to make him a respectable offer, with that in consideration.  So, assuming that AJ is still considered a top tier talent at his position, and the top tier guys are approaching $20M/per, I'd guess that the team might be offering him 75-80% of what the top contracts are getting.  Along with some escalators, of course.

Yeah I totally agree, AJ has also said that he want to stay with the team for the rest of his career so I don't think he will be difficult to deal with. As long as the team are fair with him and don't try and low ball him because of his love for the team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green - Probably his last season as a Bengal - JWW1971 - 08-05-2019, 06:43 PM