Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US
(08-06-2019, 01:00 AM)Benton Wrote: Not likely to happen.

I've had two school shootings, one in my home town last year and one 20 miles away when I was a teen. The latter still doesn't use metal detectors and the other installed one, and they only screen guests.

Both do spotcheck with wands, but the whole thing is pretty much for show.

It's twofold. One, it's the attitude that 'if someone wants to do something bad, security doesn't matter much.' and for the most part, they're right. Extra guards, metal detectors, etc are about mitigating damage not preventing violence.

Two, and the reason malls, night clubs or wherever else won't do it, is the number of people. You expect to stand two hours in line at the airport or even a half hour at an amusement park. You aren't going to do that at the mall.

Uhm what mall do you go to that has that many people trying to get in all at once all day?
Yes when the mall opens it will be a little backed up, but that's why you let employees in before the mall opens to the general public. I've been in long lines to get into a mall before that has these checks in place already. It doesn't take much longer than 5 minutes to get thru the line and get inside.

And yes if someone is going to do something bad, security is only a small deterent but one none the less.  

Anyways we all needed a good distraction in an election year to distract us from the Epstein case. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US - Mike M (the other one) - 08-06-2019, 01:51 PM