Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US
On the subject of politically motivated mass shootings.  We've been inundated since this weekend about the dangers of white supremacy, which would indicate that they consider a lot of these mass shooting to be perpetrated by its adherents.  We've also been told that the Dayton shooter has been confirmed as a far left supporter but that his shooting was not politically motivated, fair enough.  This begs the question, how many of the mass shootings within the past five years could then, using the same standard of judgment, be considered motivated by white supremacy?

Dillon Roof to be sure, the synagogue shooter as well.  I'm sure there are others but those two are the only ones that leap to my mind.  The point I'm getting at is that it seems the majority of these shootings are not being done with the goals of white supremacy in mind.  The past weekend only one of them was.  So why are we only hearing about white supremacy?  Of course we should confront violent racism, but is this hyper focus on white supremacy as a motivation for these mass shootings accurate or fairly applied?  Clearly this is not the only, or even main, motivation for these shootings, so why is it being discussed as if it is?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-07-2019, 01:51 PM