Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US
(08-07-2019, 01:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We're probably hearing about it because a decade ago, the Obama administration told us it was a growing threat to our national security, and now our FBI director is telling us it is our greatest terrorism threat in this country, likely because the resources hadn't been devoted to it as they should have been.

I think the far right brand of terrorism is what is most often discussed.  Although they often have white supremacist leanings they are not inextricably linked.  One can be rabidly anti-government and have no racist component to their radicalization.  Do we know this hasn't been given the attention it deserves or is this speculation?  It seems to me that Federal law enforcement has stopped several far right terror plots of late so they obviously aren't ignoring it.

Quote:Now there are reports (not saying whether this is true or not, just things I have read/heard) of federal agents saying there is a hesitance in actually engaging in enforcement with these groups because of POTUS seeing them as his base.

I know you aren't making this claim, but this statement is so insanely inflammatory (and highly unlikely IMO) that I'm going to need a source or I'm calling complete BS.

Quote:Those are probably some of the factors at play as to why we are primarily hearing about white supremacy right now.

I think it's some of that.  It's also a way to indirectly, and directly, attack Trump and influence public opinion going into 2020.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-07-2019, 04:09 PM