Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US
(08-06-2019, 12:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He made mention of 32 mass shootings when Obama was president. The number I found was 67 in 8 years.

Since Trump has been president there have been 51 in 2.5 years. 

I'm not placing this on any president, but what a stupid argument to make about the number under Obama. 

(08-06-2019, 12:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Apparently he meant 32 of 4 or more killed, but the closest I can find is that 42 were 5 or more killed...?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-cb-mass-shootings-language-definition-gun-violence-20190805-dv2g5lcumbeq3gji4dnycx7j74-story.html

Every group has their own definition of "mass shooting" and criteria in order to qualify as such. People pick and choose which group's numbers to used based off of what message they are trying to send.

Some used people shot, some used people killed, some don't include the shooter as a person killed in order to qualify, some don't include gang violence, some don't include shootings in a domestic setting.

The article makes a crazy point of the two extremes. One group has it listed as 225 mass shootings so far in 2019, another has that number at 7.

So it's basically a pointless task to bother discussing numbers as everyone will be using different sources that give different results.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US - TheLeonardLeap - 08-07-2019, 04:27 PM