Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US
(08-08-2019, 11:22 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well ok, he said "they can't fill a football stadium", which might be seen as an admission that some do at least exist. But the fact remains he also called the idea of white supremacy a hoax and a conspiracy theory. I think that still qualifies for dismissal, even if he thinks there might be one or two guys who believe in the concept. I guess it's safe to say it's at least gross belittlement.

I understand the issue with minimizing it, but the numbers rather bear him out.  I posted a BBC article about extremist violence earlier in the thread.  The number of people killed in the name of white supremacy every year never breaks 60 and is frequently much lower than that.  As I said in that post, this is zero comfort to the people killed or their loved ones.  However, it's just not the threat that the media and the Dems are currently making it out to be.  You'll hear a lot about "in the past fifteen years white supremacists have killed more people than Islamic terrorists", which is true.  But notice they will always use a time frame that doesn't include 9/11.  So, again, white supremacy should absolutely be addressed and it shouldn't be ignored, just like all race inspired violence should be.  At the same time, the facts don't bear out a conclusion that it's an enormous threat in this country.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly 30 dead as multiple mass shootings hit across the US - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-08-2019, 11:28 AM