Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump says what a lot of people think
(08-08-2019, 06:01 PM)Dill Wrote: If I remember, we had a thread on the "animals" comment, which occurred in a transition in discussion from MS-13 to immigration in general.

If there are many other examples of Trump's racist comments or behavior, then Liberals getting it wrong once would not mean Trump is not the racist he is made out to be.

He is still the guy who characterized illegal Mexican immigrants as "rapists" bringing crime and drugs to the US, and described those fleeing the triangle as an "invasion" bringing disease.

To show Liberals have it wrong, you need to show why his support of birtherism is not racism, or his editorial on the Central Park five, or his refusal to rent to black tenants back in the '70s, the seemingly instinctive "go back to where you came from" directed at four congresswomen of color. Seems like a pattern. 

If Trump is "unflitered" and says what a lot of people think, this looks like the kind of implicit or unconcious racism so often the subject of discussion nowdays. It just pops out consistently in moments when judgment involves non-white subjects, not white.

Do liberals have that wrong?

Pretty much. 

Aside from the refusing to rent to black tenants, none of what you posted is Trump being racist. Every single thing you posted has either been twisted to make something Trump said seem racist or it's been a criticism Trump levied towards a person(s) of color and, of course, he was critical because he was racist. Rolleyes

Ever since I started getting involved in politics (during the Bob Dole-Bill Clinton presidential race) EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING RACIST. Even many of the candidates in the PRIMARIES.

Trump has no filter and has said some God-awful stupid things, but it's amazing to me how so many liberals talks as if it's universally agreed that Trump is a racist, misogynistic xenophobe. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump says what a lot of people think - PhilHos - 08-08-2019, 06:29 PM