Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Strzok sues FBI for firing him over anti-Trump texts
I tend to side with his being fired due to the look of impropriety. Same as  would if a police officer was part of a racist thread on facebook or a judge made overtly political statements that could indicated a prejudice over certain cases.

On a personal level I don't think his texts were "I am part of a powerful group who will work to stop Trump!" but more "I don't believe as a voter tha we the people will let him into office".

Either way once they became public he had to pay the price for it.

I think a lot of people would be in the same boat.

To me the issue with the lawsuit is whether they followed the proper procedures to remove him.  We are non-union but have steps to termination (with exception) and they are all laid out in a handbook.  Even when followed to a "T" we have lost unemployment cases for technicalities.

As an aside: If public release of texts that are seen as biased from government officials is the bottomline for firing how does that apply to ALL political posts from our elected officials?  Could Trump be "fired" for calling democrats names and saying they should be investigated for whatever he saw on Fox and Friends that day?  Clearly that shows a bias that would affect his ability to make decisions good for the entire nation because he has shown he will not work with those members on the other side.  Could Ted Lieu be removed for accusing the POTUS of being racist without 100% concrete proof that he is?  If the Nixon tapes had come out during the Reagan terms in office could he have been impeached?

That's when I come down on the other side with Matt.  Political speech seems to be handled differently when it is made in public versus when it is made in private as if the private message means people are being "sneaky" and "underhanded" in their dealings simply because they then became public.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peter Strzok sues FBI for firing him over anti-Trump texts - GMDino - 08-09-2019, 09:42 AM