Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump says what a lot of people think
(08-09-2019, 04:37 PM)hollodero Wrote: Agreeing is one thing. I don't demand people agree with my picture of Trump. But additionally calling all accusations of racism or misogyny some kind of liberal media campaign and more or less a cheap smear is another thing. One I take more issue with.

There's obviously some factual reasons to assume Trump might harbor racist or misogynistic notions. Agree or not, but I feel it needs to be accepted that there's enough data points to at least see the dispassionate validity of the point people are coming from when accusing Trump of racism.

I don't like the silent assumption that because I think Trump is pretty much a racist, I have to be biased or pro-dems or follow a liberal playbook against the political enemy or am pumped up by media exaggerations. It's about none of these things.

Well I agree with what you say here.  Would just add that "acceptance" is the obstacle that really characterizes the current conjuncture in US politics. Tens of millions do not "accept" that there are enough data points, etc.

For them the liberal playbook and media exaggeration are still far and away the greater problem. Greater even than continued external threats to US elections. So "liberalness" still explains the loud daily complaints about Trump's behavior more so than Trump's daily behavior.

To maintain that the liberal playbook and media exaggeration are the greater problem, one must insist that bragging of grabbing P is not really misogynist, anymore than claiming a rape accuser is obviously lying because she is too ugly to rape. (We've ALL used that defense at some point, right H? Wink )

I.e., Trump criticism has to be disconnected from Trump's actual public behavior and connected to a liberal media agenda to make liberals the "real cause" of all that bad press. That is why they are currently reporting about shooting victims in the El Paso hospital who refuse to see Trump--to make Trump look bad.

You and I are astonished the US has a president sunk to such unheard of depths, but others are livid at the media mistreatment of Trump, though they admit he "sometimes" says "stupid" things they would have phrased differently. Liberals take that "stupid" phrasing and twist it to look like he means what he says, which is what he cannot possibly mean, no matter how often he says it and how often it looks like what he means.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump says what a lot of people think - Dill - 08-09-2019, 05:06 PM