Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Trump rules would curb U.S. endangered species protections
Quote:The new rules will apply only to future listing decisions. Plants and animals with existing protections won’t be affected unless their status changes.

[/quote]Threatened and endangered species have enjoyed some identical protections since 1978, when the Fish and Wildlife Service used its flexible authority to automatically grant threatened species the same safeguards as endangered ones from harm or disturbance.... The administration is ending that. FWS will now have to craft individual regulations for each threatened species.[/quote]

[/quote]Officials would have to consider protecting areas already occupied by the species before considering unoccupied habitat.[/quote]

None of that seems all that world ending as some people are trying making it out to be. All of that sounds relatively reasonable, even if a bit shady reasoning.

Granted I personally just care more about curbing pollution that I care about some Delta Smelt (which the US Government spent $10m.

The US currently has 1,471 listed animals, including at least 21 different kinds of *SALAMANDER*. We have probably gone a little too far the other way as far as protections go.

- - - - - - - - - -
......I am also tired of those damn Canadian Geese being protected and just shitting EVERYWHERE and are aggressive. So if we have to trade some Delta Smelt and some River Mussel to be able to treat them like feral hogs and just get rid of those, I can get on board. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Trump rules would curb U.S. endangered species protections - TheLeonardLeap - 08-13-2019, 01:51 AM