Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Democratic Senators "Warn" SCOTUS
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on what I perceive to be a thinly veiled threat made by five Democrat senators to the SCOTUS over their hearing of the NYC gun law case.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/gillibrand-slams-the-nra-federalist-society-in-supreme-court-filing.html

"The brief itself apparently alludes to the court-reform proposals, warning that the court is “not well,” and wondering whether it can “heal itself before the public demands it be ‘restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics,’” citing language from a recent Quinnipiac University poll, which found a majority of voters supported court restructuring."

Personally I'm surprised that this threat to pack the court hasn't gotten more attention and I'm disappointed that it hasn't been near universally condemned. As a secondary topic, what are your thoughts on the concept of court packing?

Lastly, I loathe Blumenthal and every political decision he makes reinforces this. I've heard the stories from my father and his friends about how they were treated when they returned from Vietnam. The fact that Blumenthal lied about serving there after it become "cool" to be a Vietnam vet tells me all I need to know about the man's character.

Messages In This Thread
Democratic Senators "Warn" SCOTUS - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-14-2019, 11:05 AM