Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Democratic Senators "Warn" SCOTUS
(08-15-2019, 09:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: 20 or 25 year term limits would be fine by me. Or an age limit of 80 or 85. I think either would take an amendment though. Packing the court wouldn't, but I'm against that.

I disagree with RBG often, but I hold no animosity toward her. She seems quite honorable, and I wish she would have retired during the Obama admin. The thought of someone in frail health holding on to the job until the next Democrat kind of sucks if that is indeed what she feels she has to do. It's admirable, but sad that she has to.

I'm against term limits for the court. Anything that creates a situation where it is known when a Justice will be leaving the bench creates a more political judiciary.

As for RBG, one of my favorite things in SCOTUS lore is how RBG and Scalia were great friends. She really is an example in many ways, no matter your ideological leanings. I truthfully felt the same way about Scalia, even though I disagreed with him more than I agreed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic Senators "Warn" SCOTUS - Belsnickel - 08-15-2019, 09:57 AM