Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling All Motor Heads or Small Engine Gurus (lawnmower question)
(05-27-2015, 05:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Is there a chance it overflowed when filling it and it soaked in from the outside? The oil should burn up before it makes it to the muffler. That's why I was thinking drain and replace. If your excess oil drained into the cylinder, you should be able to remove the muffler, let it drain out and then put it back together. You may have to run a cloth of some kind inside to clean up any excess. Just make sure not to leave any bits of cloth when you put the muffler back on.

Yea, I removed the muffler earlier when I saw it coming out and cleaned it out and when I took the casing off the top and turned it by hand it appeared that there was oil coming out and is why I was wondering if it was a gasket. I'm more of a computer guy than a engine when it comes to fixing or rebuilding things, but am always eager to give it a go. Just kind of wanting to see if anyone can tell me what the issue most likely is, so I can get in there and fix it.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling All Motor Heads or Small Engine Gurus (lawnmower question) - Steeler Eater - 05-27-2015, 05:35 PM