Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration Changes (Green Card Rules)
(08-19-2019, 12:48 PM)Dill Wrote: Monday’s rule is an attempt to enact Mr. Trump’s priorities. It embraces people who have financial means while shunning immigrants who are struggling. That is certain to affect the flow of immigrants who have sought refuge in the United States from impoverished places in Africa, Central America and the Caribbean.

Is it possible that, in his view, some immigrants who can support themselves are still "worthless"?  I.e., could the economic criteria have the desired effect of explicitly ethnic or racial criteria--without stating such criterion?

Well yea. I mean anything that is based on wealth is going to be inherently drawing a line racially as well. European (and therefore, white) history is basically a collection of stories of the various colored people that white people robbed over the years, whether it be of their countries' resources, treasures, land, labor or people, so if you're going to base your immigration off of wealth, the majority of people will be white.

Is that intentional? I believe it is. I don't think it's a coincidence that Trump would love more immigrants from Norway rather than Mexico or any African country. 

But this is what's been going on with the far right for quite a while now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Immigration Changes (Green Card Rules) - CJD - 08-20-2019, 08:20 AM