Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Campaign funding struggles for AOC..
(08-20-2019, 01:51 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The media plays a huge role.

I do not doubt that.

(08-20-2019, 01:51 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Go out and talk to your neighbor. It's amazing what a little respect and human decency will do in a political discussion.

That's something I doubt.
I am usually decent to pretty much everyone. But seldomly have I come across humans that say "Hmm, you make a good point, I might reconsider my stance". That dies out with increasing age. And to be honest, I feel Americans are particular resilient to that.

(08-20-2019, 01:51 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Like I said, talking to people face to face is the way to go. I think reason is a lot more popular than you realize. What has worked for me is focusing on the benefits of renewable energy. There are multiple reasons that renewable energy is good besides climate change.

Well, it is. I feel that point wouldn't fly at a Trump rally though. Outside of Trump rallies, you would need to persuade people to vote accordingly. As of now, I did not come across a conservative that would consider voting liberal on grounds of climate change.
I do not intent to make everything about party or voting for a party, but in this case it's pretty much about party and voting for a party.

(08-20-2019, 01:51 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: According to a gallup poll. 60% of Americans support reducing fossil fuel consumption with only 17% "strongly opposed".

Well, and around 90% support background checks for gun purchases. That doesn't mean there's common political ground to be found. As evidenced.
I do agree that making a vulnerable proposal is probably not the best way to go, but I am afraid just talking to folks will only get you so far either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campaign funding struggles for AOC.. - hollodero - 08-20-2019, 02:20 PM