Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Campaign funding struggles for AOC..
(08-20-2019, 01:51 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Like I said, talking to people face to face is the way to go. I think reason is a lot more popular than you realize. What has worked for me is focusing on the benefits of renewable energy. There are multiple reasons that renewable energy is good besides climate change. 

To each their own, but I definitely would call an economy wrecking proposal "equally crazy". Now it is just a non-binding resolution, so arguing costs isn't super realistic, but then it begs the question...why even propose it? Like I've said there are other ways to start a discussion on climate change. The GND is meant to further the divide. Not bring people to common ground. 

According to a gallup poll. 60% of Americans support reducing fossil fuel consumption with only 17% "strongly opposed". There is common ground to be found. It's there. Insane over-the-top proposals aren't the way to reach it. 
https://news.gallup.com/poll/248006/americans-support-reducing-fossil-fuel.aspx

How do people who don't already agree with you respond when, face to face, you would disuade them from "stupid" and "really crazy" ideas?

Also, regarding this: "Why not propose legislation to increase renewable R&D funding while cutting fossil fuel subsidies?"

If this has not already been done, why not do you suppose? If it has, what happened? Was there a "common ground" problem?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campaign funding struggles for AOC.. - Dill - 08-21-2019, 02:04 AM