Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Campaign funding struggles for AOC..
(08-22-2019, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: Watching the back and forth between Aqua and Dill bring to mind a worry I have had recently:

Trump has lowered the bar so far that the right will accept people who behave like him in the future and attack everyone who does anything even remotely similar ("clapback" lol) as being "just like Trump".

There is one Trump (hopefully) and no one reaches his level of pettiness and childishness.

Any comparison to AOC or any other politician in the US is really a stretch at this point.  But I fear it is something the GOP will use.  Like attacking Omar for questioning Jewish loyalty and remaining utterly silent when DJT does the same thing.

Hmmm. That's interesting. What if he has lowered the bar so far that the left will accept anything as long as it's not as bad as what Trump does? But I digress...this conversation isn't, and shouldn't be, about Trump.

You and Hollodero were the ones who brought Trump into the conversation. Not me. Nice try though  Wink 

I was perfectly happy debating the merits of the GND by itself, but as with everything in 2019, Trump gets brought up. I responded to bringing Trump into the conversation. At least Hollodero has kinda admitted the GND isn't great. Which is pretty much how this whole conversation got started. I claimed she has had a lot of bad ideas, to which JJ screamed "fake news". I pointed out I read both versions of the GND and it really was terrible as just one example of her legitimately bad ideas, and some how (it's a great mystery I know) everyone who has replied to me wants to bring Trump into the conversation. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campaign funding struggles for AOC.. - Aquapod770 - 08-22-2019, 09:53 AM