Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: Jews who vote D are ignorant and disloyal
(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: I haven't told anyone whom to vote for. 

Good for you. 

(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: Further, criticizing others' political choices isn't telling them whom to vote for. 

It is if your criticizing their political choice of who they're voting for. 

(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: And we do get to criticize others' views in a liberal democracy.

We do. Doesn't mean all criticism is acceptable or morally right.

(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: Or did you mean "who am I to criticize opposing views in a democracy"?

Nope. I said what I said. I meant what I meant. No hidden messages.

(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: I hear this claimed frequently by Fox commentators, but no one calls Republicans "racist" for just "differing."  If some Republicans voice a racist opinion then that means they're "racist," yes, as it would anyone else.  No one calls Steve King a racist because he voted differently from Dems on tax cuts for the rich.

Yes, they do. Sure, there have been Republicans that have said racist things and deserved to be called racist. But, there have been MANY Republicans and conservatives who have been branded a racist, not for saying or doing anything racist, but for being a Republican/conservative.

There's a reason that, since I've been voting, every Republican presidential candidate has been called a racist and NONE has said or done anything remotely racist - well, aside from Donald Trump - and it ain't because they're all racist.

(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: Well here is what you wrote in post # 18:

"Actually, no both sides don't do it. Democrats and liberals typically shit on black Republicans and other POC on the right. But you don't see the same shitting on the "traitors" from the rightaside from Trump and the far right of course."

If we don't see the same "shitting on the 'traitors'" from the right ASIDE "from Trump and the far right," aren't you making an exception for Trump? The right doesn't shit on traitors--outside of Trump and the far right. "Aside from" is equivalent to "except," isn't it?  "The Traitors" would be the aforementioned POC, wouldn't they? Nothing about "voting Democrat." 

My post doesn't exist in a vacuum. The original post, the one that started this whole thread was about Trump criticizing Jews who vote Democrat. The subject is about people of a group voting for a party that differs from the party the group usually votes for. THEY are the "traitors" of whom I speak.

(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: If you do mean that Trump and the far right do call "select people 'traitors'" then that seems to negate your claim that "both sides don't do it." 
It would seem. Except in previous discussions you and I have had over "both sides" doing something, you've made it clear when one side does it more, than both sides don't really do it. 
I'd be willing to concede that both sides are guilty of calling people of certain groups who vote different from a majority of the group as traitorous or something like that. And I'm not even asking you to agree that Democrats do it more (though they do  ThumbsUp)
(08-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Dill Wrote: This thread begins with an example of Trump--the highest ranking Republican in the world and leader of the party--calling Jews "disloyal" who vote Democrat. We don't have a similar example of Democrats doing that to Jews or POC or whomever who vote Republican. But you are still going to insist that is what THEY do? Not Republicans?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-secret-war-on-black-republicans
Quote:[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Late last month, Gloreatha Scurry-Smith, a congressional candidate in Florida’s Fifth district, found that one of her campaign signs had been vandalized. Smith says she initially wasn’t surprised that one of her billboards had been defaced, but was taken aback when she saw that her face had been spray painted white on a towering 8-foot by 4-foot campaign billboard.[/color]
Quote:[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“As a black conservative often times you are thought of as an Uncle Tom or perhaps a traitor to your own race,” Smith told The Daily Beast. “I didn’t want to deal with that since we have such serious issues in our district that are way more important than this sign.”[/color]

Quote:[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“In my race for the U.S. Senate, I was painted in blackface with big red lips and called an Uncle Tom,” [Michael] Steele told the Beast. “I had Oreo cookies thrown at me during the Lieutenant Governor debate in 2002.[/color]

Quote:[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson’s labeling of conservative black Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as an “Uncle Tom”...[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Whatever
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump: Jews who vote D are ignorant and disloyal - PhilHos - 08-23-2019, 01:32 PM