Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal team record will be broken this year
(08-23-2019, 04:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree and we haven't even seen Mixon yet.

The thing about Mixon's running style and why he's so successful is that, when he's handed the ball, he's sometimes going full-speed at the line and his vision is so good that he sees even the smallest openings and changes direction to hit those holes, even if they weren't where the play was originally intended to go.  Or he hits the hole so fast that offensive linemen just need to engage the defensive linemen for a split second and don't even need to get a push.

Other times, he's handed the ball deep in the backfield and just standing still or moving forward slowly, and he lets the linemen rush upfield or waits for them to over-pursue, which allows him to cut back against the flow for a gain because then there's either no one to beat or one or two defenders in the open field to either make miss or outrun. 
That's what I was thinking above, and especially because now we have a new line coach and better coordinator!

His vision and explosion is unbelievable!

Mixon is as talented as any RB I have ever seen. So happy he is on my team.

His vision and explosion are unbelievable but his hands are what makes him even more rare.

He is like AP but a Receiver.

(08-23-2019, 04:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But with Green and Ross out (Ross is supposed to be back by week 1 but who knows with our medical staff.  Our luck, he'll re-injure it in the first game back) there won't be much of a deep threat to keep defenses back and open-up dump-offs to Mixon.

I realize he's better than just dump-offs and that Green and Ross won't be deep threats every play, but even medium routes keeps the defense back a bit and open things up underneath.

Boyd has surprised me with his deep routes, he has seemed to get faster since he entered the league.

Willis is a deep threat, he needs to make this team for this very reason.

(08-23-2019, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The reason Gurly has such a high average per catch is that the Rams actually motion him out to WR position.

He was targeted more out of a WR position than almost any other back in the league.  I have the numbers somewhere, but the only two with more targets from a WR position were a couple of hybrid WR/RB types that I had never heard of.  One from the Colts and one from the Bears.

Would love to see this with Mixon a lot.

Don't know the RB from the Colts but i think you are speaking of Tarik Cohen on the Bears.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal team record will be broken this year - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-23-2019, 05:36 PM