Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 02:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just a quick look at at an incomplete list of his injuries include torn labrum, sports hernia, lacerated kidney, concussion.

We all have to retire at some point. When a guy has sacrificed his body to the point he was literally pissing blood I'd think twice about casting aspersions and wishing fans through dead raccoons on his lawn.

That's what I don't understand here. In any other profession, we'd be lauding someone for being able to retire at such a young age. Most of us dream of being so financially secure that we can spend the rest of our days doing whatever it is that makes us happy. Luck's priorities have changed with his long list of injuries and with a child on the way that he wants to spend time with. I'm not going to hold his choices against him. Luck has never been a "me first" player. He's the picture of being a good teammate, fighting to get back in ball games, always lifting other players up. 

I was an athletic trainer in college, and we had a football player who suffered seven injuries over the course of his career. After each one, you could just see a little part of him die. There was just less and less hope to get back on the field and it took such a toll on him. He decided that football wasn't for him after his junior season after the mental and physical toll it was taking on him. I'd imagine that Luck was probably feeling some of the same things.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - PikesPeakUC - 08-25-2019, 02:22 PM