Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 03:52 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Luck will be playing in the XFL. Guess who the commissioner of the XFL is.....His Dad.

The idea of Luck leaving hundreds of millions of dollars on the table in the NFL in order to make literal pennies on the dollar getting beaten to a pulp in the XFL is a bit hard to swallow.  

As for Luck, I still don't see why everyone is so sure Luck sprung this on the team out of the blue. In 2017 Luck was like "I can't throw a football" and Irsay was all like "Luck will be fine and ready for game one! Keep buying tickets! *SNORT*!" and Luck missed the whole season and people were like "Whaaaaa?!! NO WAAYYYY!!!" and in 2019 Luck is like "I'm in real pain...can't play here" and Irsay again is like "It's no big deal, it's just his calf....er...ankle....low ankle...or high ankle, which is less bad? Actually he's got a little bone thing going on....keep buying tickets, it's all fine!"

I was surprised Luck retired, but I was pretty sure he was going to miss a significant portion of the season if not all of it. I don't see why people are so upset he didn't just stand on the sidelines and eat up their salary cap and do nothing. He could have stood on the sidelines and gotten paid and then going into 2020 people are going to wonder if they should just move on from him anyways...what's the big difference?

But again, this requires you to trust that the Colts owner didn't know about this and lie to fans like he did before. Call me skeptical.
Hell, Irsay is probably going to move the Colts out of town at night like his old man while the fans are too busy booing Luck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - Nately120 - 08-25-2019, 10:31 PM