Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 11:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree with some of what you're saying. Should Indy be throwing a parade for him? Na. But there's also no reason to boo the guy for moving on after 4 straight years of rehab. I don't think anyone on here would've bashed Eifert for moving on after his latest injury. That's the closest comparison I can think of.

Palmer never dealt with as bad a stretch (injury wise) as Luck just had, and Favre never got seriously hurt. He was tough, but lets be real...he was also fortunate.

I'm not sure Eifert is much of a comparison.  Sure, he's the best receiving TE in the game when heathy, but that ain't very often.  We've long been conditioned to deal with him just not being available.  It's more surprising when he's actually playing.  At this point, he's a marginal player due do the aforementioned issues.  To be honest, many of us would probably rather move on and see cap money spent in other places than on a guy as prone to breaking as Tyler.

Palmer dealt with 2 ACLS and a shoulder issue that caused him to miss almost all of 2008.  He may not have had them all in a row, but he certainly had his share.  

Andrew Luck WAS the Indianapolis Colts.  He was coming off a pretty good year in 2018, and the team was probably a marginal title contender if he was healthy.  

My main issue with the guy is the timing.  At least when Carson spit the bit, he did it almost immediately after the 2010 season.  He at least gave his team a chance to draft a quarterback in April and prepare for a season.  Rich boy Luck just took his ball and went home 2 weeks before Colts fans thought they were going to make a run.  Even if you think the fans are a bunch of ignorant, unwashed plebeian turds, consider his teammates.  Some of them are probably in pain, too.  He just hung them all out to dry.  Same with the staff.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - samhain - 08-26-2019, 12:03 AM