Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-26-2019, 01:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Of course you don't think Eifert is a good comparison.  Smirk

Eifert showed elite ability and just kept dealing with serious injuries/rehab. I'd say that's a pretty good comparison. Not that skill level even factors into this discussion. It's mainly about understanding when a player has been dealing with a lot. I don't think you'll disagree that people would've understood if Eifert had chosen to walk away.

Palmer's injuries were spread out. How would he have reacted if his ACL and elbow injuries were all consecutive? I do remember hearing how rough his rehabs were. Imagine they were all consecutive.

As to the timing, Luck hadn't practiced all summer and reached a settlement with the Colts last week, which means the team has known about this for some time. https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/ind/indianapolis-colts

Even that season we finished 9th in rush yards, but only 24th in yards per carry. We just ran a lot.

I know you're not saying these things, but:

1. Those fans need to suck it up. They were spoiled rotten at QB for 20+ years with Luck and Peyton Manning. They'll be fine. 

2. What kind of man worries about another man's beard? 

3. I used to say that Luck was overrated - and at the time he wasn't putting up the stats. That said, he had a couple of 4500 yard, 39 TD seasons since then that proved he was elite when healthy. 

4. Gotta disagree on RGIII though. 

RGIII : 3200 yards - 20 TDs - 5 INTs - 65.6% comp rate - 102.4 rating - 815 rush yards - 7 rush TDs
Luck: 4374 yards - 23 TDs - 18 INTs - 54.1% comp rate - 76.5 rating - 255 rush yards - 5 rush TDs

RGIII was far more efficient as a passer with much better rushing numbers. Despite playing 1 less game than Luck. I think RGIII's story is almost as sad as Luck's. They both showed incredible potential, only to suffer serious injuries. RGIII was never the same after Shannahan decided to throw him into that playoff game when he wasn't healthy.

I'll never forget RGIII just collapsing when his knees gave out in that Seattle game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - jason - 08-26-2019, 02:27 PM