Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted
(08-26-2019, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People seemed pretty happy when we took Price in the first round...I can't say I saw it coming that playing him would have been a move held against Marvin.

You can't have it both ways, man - if you're going to bench Ross for struggling and turning the ball over, you should also bench a struggling Billy Price who was snapping the ball so bad he got his QB knocked out for the season. Accountability is setting standards that apply to everyone, not picking and choosing who you apply them to. 

For the record, I would've played each of my first round picks through their rookie years, for two reasons: 1) you need those guys to develop if you're going to turn things around, and 2) the Bengals were bad anyways. I would have happily ran Ced, Ross, and Price out there to take their lumps and go through their ups and downs. That's holding all three of them to the same standards - that's accountability!

So Fred will sit here and say "well here he is holding one guy accountable" without realizing that you don't just hold one guy accountable, you have to hold the whole team accountable or it's not accountability. Fred think he's citing an example of accountability, when all he's really doing is citing an example of discipline, and he doesn't realize that they're not the same thing. When Price can get away with mistakes while Ross wasn't allowed to, that's not accountability. When Burfict can rack up mounds of penalty yards and get plugged right into the starting lineup anytime he was actually healthy enough to play and was unsuspended, that's not accountability. I'm pretty sure that's why we've heard all of these players actually comment on the fact that ZT is holding them accountable for a change, because they're not stupid and they knew it wasn't happening here before.

I never had a problem with Marv's disciplining his players, but I sure as hell though he was awful at holding his team accountable - because he was.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted - NKURyan - 08-26-2019, 05:27 PM