Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 06:42 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Tom Brady (42) and Drew Brees (40) are probably rolling their eyes at Luck right now. To each their own. It’s his call, but football obviously wasn’t a priority for him. He made enough money to retire young and go do whatever he wants...... more power to him.

Brady and especially Brees have both had "uh oh" moments in their careers, so I can imagine they have a better understanding of Luck's mindset than most.  I also assume that anyone who has been a pro athlete as long as those two would know a number of fellow athletes who have broken down, retired, been carted off the field for good, or gone down the treacherous pain killer path.

I'd wager most of the eye-rolling is coming from people who think being a pro athlete is all glamour and a constant joy.  When something like this happens I'm reminded how little the average schmo understands about "dream jobs" like being a high-profile actor/musician/athlete etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - Nately120 - 08-26-2019, 08:41 PM