Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted
(08-28-2019, 01:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I get the past performance argument. Though between the two options, i'd rather have 'guy looks improved at a position he played better at' (hopkins) to 'two below average guys battling for a spot' (hopkins/price last year). Keeping in mind that under the Marv rule last year, Price was the starter as long as he was healthy--unquestionably. 

Two weeks from now we will have a better handle on how much and if he's improved. 

Marvin also got criticized for playing limited veterans over younger players. Seems like this is a case of that.

We know what Hopkins can do as a starter and barring some miraculous improvement he is what he is.  Price however is younger and has the chance to develop into a solid NFL Center.

I just don't see us competing this year...and riding veterans doesn't seem like a solid strategy. Going with youth that can develop does.

I mean it's a great story when a UDFA beats your former 1st Round picks...but for us to win we need to get our 1st Round picks producing. Pretty hard to win without that.

Speaking of which, I read that Dennard may be on PUP possibly for 6 games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted - THE PISTONS - 08-28-2019, 09:25 AM