Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to DHS: Can't we just nuke hurricanes?
(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: TDS is a very real thing. Spend a few minutes on a page like Occupy Democrats, a subreddit like r/politics, or twitter and you'll find people actively rooting for similar things. 

OK... idiots are everywhere. That doesn't really count. The ordinary Trump hater does not actively root for nukes, death and destruction still. Fringe groups, sure, like the Breitbart fringe group who daily fantazises about shooting up libs. Idiots are everywhere.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I mean since the day Trump took office there has been an article of some sort claiming a recession is coming any day now...

I don't find that to be the truth. I'm certain there were some articles somewhere earlier, but it was not a wide-spread thing, the immediate recession looming talk. This is changing now, due to some very real indicators. Heard you have some kind of inverted yield curve, which really is a shame... also, the DOW has lots of losing days these days and there's apparently a global economic downturn. These things are not made up.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: People are rooting for a recession so they can blame Trump.

I'd say it's rather so that Trump does not get reelected. It's a difference.
I'm not saying rooting for a recession so Trump's popularity decreases is a fine thing to do, but I harbored similar feelings once (not about Trump and the US) and a part of me gets it. Not that I am particularly fond of that part of mine, but well.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: A lot of people are incredibly dumb.

True.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: With that said "Trump humping" is just as real as TDS. I don't know what the solution for either is, but I do know less media would help. 

Trump not being like Trump would also help. I get blaming the media, I was quite shocked when I first realized how US media networks operate. Then again, despite all media scepticism, Trump is not normalcy at all. The whole media hysteria is part of Trump being Trump, eg. lying, rambling, speaking incoherently etc. etc. etc. I won't make a long list of Trump outlandishness, but he is extremely outlandish and that's not a media hype thing. That he polarizes that much is on him, not on the folks reporting on his extraordinary appearances day in and day out.

Or in other words, if Obama... I do not like that game, but choosing one example of literally thousands, if Obama had said he fell in love with Kim this would have been the talk for his whole term too and that would also not have been the media's fault.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to DHS: Can't we just nuke hurricanes? - hollodero - 08-28-2019, 11:54 AM