Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted
(08-28-2019, 01:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It all depends upon the situation.  I realize we're into the idea of ZT playing the best guys and not the highest picked guys, but we all rightly scoffed when Hobsin was crowing about how lucky the Bengals were to have not one, but TWO super high draft pick o-linemen riding the pine last year.  Talk about an embarrassment of riches!

At the moment it's too easy to wonder if this is less about stunningly good rookie late picks and more about bad drafting.  Was anyone declaring the 2009 Raiders to be defiantly bold when they benched #1 overall pick, Jamarcus Russell, so they could start #200 or so overall pick Bruce Gradkowski?

Indeed. The path to being a good team is hitting on 1st Round picks. Let's look at ours:

Jonah Williams - Hasn't played. MISS to this point atleast...but it's early and I expect him to be good.
Price - MISS to this point atleast.
Ross - MISS to this point.
Jackson - Quality to Good starter. HIT
Ced - Miss
Dennard - PUSH. Hasn't really had a lot of int's and is more of a Nickle CB. Took a few years to adjust to the NFL.
Eifert - HIT - The last 1st Round Pro-Bowl player we drafted. I'm probably being generous here calling him a hit as his stats aren't pretty.
Kirkpatrick - HIT - Although took a few years to earn PT.
Green - HIT.
Gresham - PUSH.
Andre Smith - HIT
Rivers - MISS
Hall - HIT
Joseph - HIT
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted - THE PISTONS - 08-28-2019, 01:34 PM