Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 10:10 PM)samhain Wrote: Mark Sanchez took the Jets to within a game of the Super Bowl.  Nobody cares.  

Entitlement is a funny word to use here.  If expecting a (the) key player on your team not to quit two weeks before opening day is entitled, then I suppose you are right.  

As to his garbage protection, I think people ignore one key fact here.  Luck never was a quarterback who was good at the things that quarterbacks need to do to prevent themselves from being injured.  He was always reluctant to slide or run out of bounds, and he took a lot of unnecessary shots for that very reason.  The line takes plenty of blame, but some of it is on him, too.

(08-25-2019, 10:27 PM)samhain Wrote: Meh, dead raccoons are funnier than regular garbage.  

Lots of guys in the league play in a lot of pain.  Some guys love the game and go forward.  It's rare for an upper-eschelon player to up and quit because of it.  Brett Favre had all the money he could ever spend and got pounded into hamburger.  They had to drag his grandpa-ass carcass off the field to get him to quit.

I'd also call the word "sacrifice" a bit of a mis-labeling of his reason for playing.  Doing anything for tens of millions of dollars is difficult for me to characterize as sacrifice.  Volunteering to fight a war is sacrifice.  Working in a mine is sacrifice.  People do shitty, thankless, physically demanding jobs that hurt them for enough pay to barely scrape by.  Playing a game that makes you a rock star and pays you a literal fortune doesn't quite meet that definition to me.

Your logic is confusing. One the one hand Luck is an entitled quitter that never sacrificed. On the other hand, you described a QB willing to sacrifice his body to fight for extra yards instead of giving up on a play.

We are on this earth for a short period of time. You're most valuable commodity is time. Your time doesn't belong to anyone, but you. How you choose to spend your time is no one's business except your own (and possibly your family.) The fans that booed Luck obviously don't care about his welfare and he owes them nothing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-28-2019, 07:53 PM