Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-30-2019, 12:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Mahommes could be very good here.  I dont think Ross would be tearing it up elsewhere, though.

But no QB can be an MVP here in the Mike Brown era except Dalton.  Honestly, I'm only playing the QB gripe game for the hell of it.  Dalton is fine and he's probably going to take the fall for our crap organization and possibly coaching here eventually.

Palmer was an MVP candidate in 2005.

I think Mahomes could've been good here... in the right situation. I don't think anyone (including Dalton) was going to find much success in the awful offense of Zampese and Lazor. Players need to be set up to succeed, especially young ones, and it just seemed like a pretty bad situation.

If the Bengals are going to draft a young QB - and it is coming - now is the time to do it. You've just hired a young head coach who should be here awhile (not a guarantee with Marvin at that point), he's an offensive mind (not the case then), and what limited glances we've seen suggests ZT's offensive approach could be interesting. As much as I'll stick by my guns that the Bengals were right NOT to draft a QB these last few years (bigger fish to fry... or at least attempt to fry), it's coming, and with this staff I think I'll feel pretty good about it when it does.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - NKURyan - 08-30-2019, 12:13 PM