Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no one (not even the U.S.) can fix the middle east.
(10-02-2015, 12:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Think of the money we would save in military spending if we could develop an alternative energy source that would make oil irrelevant.

We know we are going to have to do it someday.  Why not get a jump on the issue.  I saw where China is spending ten times as much as the United States on developing solar power.  And that is despite the fact that their GDP is still only about one third of the United States.

I have said this for years. The oil will run out. Why are we not developing both alternative sources, and the infrastructure necessary to deliver them? Oil riches in those countries have allowed terrorism to be funded. For example, Bib Laden was a Saudi from a wealthy family. If those countries lost their oil revenue, they would be inconsequential once again. On top of that would be the added benefit of both sustainability and less pollution and greenhouse gases.

The main reason this doesn't happen is two fold in my opinion. First, the oil lobbyists. Second, Americans are too comfortable with a cheap energy source to want to worry about making a change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why no one (not even the U.S.) can fix the middle east. - Beaker - 10-03-2015, 01:07 PM