Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Mattis, it's too little too late
(08-30-2019, 09:42 PM)Dill Wrote: I kind of understand Mattis' mindset. It is common in the military (Marines especially), where it is mostly appropriate.

But it should NOT be for someone in his position, advising a civilian leader and not just "taking orders.' He did/does not get that.

Still, we ought to keep focused on what he REPORTS about Trump, and how it confirms what other's have said about the incompetence, arrogance and chaos of the current WH.

I'm pretty disgusted with Mattis, Kelly, and Powell. (Oh, let's not forget Flynn.) They obviously learned nothing from Powell's disgraceful example during the lead up to the Iraqi invasion.

Mattis is just out hawking his upcoming book on leadership while at the same time displaying none. He needs to remember as a Marine and Secretary of Defense he ultimately served the citizens of the United States. If he's got something to say then say it. Instead of innuendo or veiled comments like he doesn't owe Trump indefinite silence. If not, just STFU.

I've damn near reached the point I believe senior military officers are so institutionalize in a military culture the can't function effectively in a political arena. About as useful as a Mike Brown relative in a Bengals' front office position during free agency.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Mattis, it's too little too late - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-31-2019, 12:13 AM