Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5
(10-03-2015, 02:20 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: In an organization with this history, it's really easy to dismiss this team with "I've heard all this before," and miss the joy of the journey to something great this time.  I mean, I guess there are two options:  1) Get excited now, believing you see something special this year and enjoying it to a potential Super Bowl victory; or
2) Judge this year's team by previous ones, and not enjoy the season until they potentially win a Super Bowl and then you can say, 'I never believed in them until now.'  

It may be this year, or some point in the future, but those are the two paths we have as fans, and I get more joy (knowing there is a real possibility with this team) of route 1 above.  Route 2 seems like The Bandwagon approach.

Why is Route 2 the Bandwagon approach?  I can see why long time fans would feel that way.  I am usually that way and have been around a long time.  However, this year I am liking how we have started and are looking and feel this may actually be the year we at least get a playoff win.  Having said that, I have said in other threads that I am really excited about this team, but I am still not sold on our coaches abilities to get us over the hump.  I'm starting to get more confident in them, but until we actually do get that playoff win, I will be a little bit cautiously optimistic.

I am enjoying this season so far and loved how we battled back against the Ravens.  That was awesome to see!!  I'm looking forward to seeing more great games down the road and hopefully some of them will come in the playoffs!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - Ryuko - 10-01-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - McC - 10-02-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - TSwigZ - 10-01-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - Ryuko - 10-02-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - McC - 10-02-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - PApinhead - 10-03-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - Ryuko - 10-22-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - djam - 10-24-2015, 08:01 AM