Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we were a top 5 offense last season before eifert went down
(08-31-2019, 09:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll start by saying that I'm glad Marvin is gone just for the sake of change. 

With that being said, we seem to be torn between the optimism of saying that ZT is going to revolutionize this offense because NO ONE not even Marino/Brady or Jerry Rice etc could have succeeded under the nadir of Marvin/Lazor.  Oh, by the way let's get pumped because before everyone got injured we had a TOP 5 OFFENSIVE UNIT in 2018!!!!!

Again, I'm glad ZT is here and I'm intrigued to see what he can do but I'm not 100% sure he's 10 times the coach of Marvin Lewis just yet.  I get it though, every time a team reboots the fans tell themselves the guys who left were the problem.

That's the thing...the roster looks very similar so we are really hoping that it was the coaching that screwed us in 2018...what choice do we have?  We are going into 2019 with the same weak LB corps, major o-line issues, and AJ and Ross looking like they could be dealing with season-long issues.  Fingers crossed it was all on the coaching!

There's a decent chance that atleast some of the coaches are downgrades to Marvin and Co.

Taylor seems to be copying the Rams playbook on offense...except we don't have their line and players. We'll see how that works out.

He was a bad OC at UC. He was the assistant WR coach, then QB Coach with the Rams. He was mediocre with the Dolphins. Yet people are so sure he's a much better coach than Marvin.

We see it here EVERY year. Irrational optimism.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: we were a top 5 offense last season before eifert went down - THE PISTONS - 08-31-2019, 09:48 PM