Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vatican dismisses gay priest who came out...
(10-03-2015, 02:25 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It's one of the things about the Catholic church that I never really understood.  I mean I understand their stance on homosexuality and sex and general, not that I agree with it.  I never really understood why priests had to be celibate and couldn't marry.  I had heard that it had something to do with not being able to pass money, wealth, and church property on to family or something like that.

Seems like the world just keeps moving on without them and then they are forced to play catch up and review and revise their stances in order to stay relevant.

Priests are supposed to emulate Jesus...supposedly they cant both be devoted to God and their flock, and at the same time be devoted to all the responsibilities and dedication that goes into raising a family. Its about God 24/7.

Being celibate elevates the priest above everyone else including the Protestant pastor or minister. Elevates not in a condescending way, but in a way that makes him special or unique.  
He's a man so he's got to get horny...so to be able to stay pure, reject carnal desires and remain devoted to God no doubt makes him special in my book.

That all sounds nice in a perfect world, but after so many cases of priests molesting kids, I wonder how many actually are celibate. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vatican dismisses gay priest who came out... - Blutarsky - 10-03-2015, 09:14 PM