Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's ethanol waivers are sparking rebellion in farm country
(08-28-2019, 04:37 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL so YOU know what China wants.

It's patently obvious to anyone paying attention and in possession of moderate mental faculties.  

Quote:Yes, the "weakness" of democracy is that voters can be fickle, and voters determine leaders and influence policy. Very different from authoritarian countries like China. But some think that "weakness" is part of the reason democracies are generally better places to live, and "strength" is why authoritarian systems are generally not.

Ahh, I see your dislike of me caused you to draw conclusions about my argument that simply don't exist.  I'll be sure to keep this in mind as I read the rest of this inanity.

Quote:No doubt Chinese leaders would like democratic "weakness" to work in their favor, so US voters will contest Trump's trade policies. That's good for China. At the moment.

It's good for China, "all the time"

Quote:So I agree with you that Xi et al. would like to see more of these Dino types out there questioning their own government and "doing what China wants." 

Incorrect analysis, per the norm.  China wants short term discomfort on the part of US voters to push them to vote for people who will return to business as usual.  Short sighted, uninformed voters worried about their immediate comfort is what China is counting on to win this fight.

Quote:And Trump doesn't want to see more voters like Dino. That's for sure.  Enough traitors in Congress who hate America. Same party as Dino, too. SIDING WITH THE ENEMY.

Safe to say that YOU aren't "for China," right?  Anyone else on this thread FOR CHINA instead of the US?

Well, judging by the posts, it appears your describing at least Dino and yourself.

Quote:Not quite enough said.  You've had a deal of difficulty specifying dill's Muslim bias, while continuing to call it "obvious." 
That's ok if "truthiness" is your standard, but you ought to acknowledge that is your standard.

I don't have any difficulty describing that, I simply quote your posts.

Quote:Looks like the choice here is between ignoring Israeli atrocities or "enhancing" them by mere factual recall, which no doubt "mitigates" the extremism of Muslims defending their homes.  Unbiased friend of Israel or "Muslim bias"?  Simple choices. Black and white.

Not the topic of the thread, please do stay on topic.

Quote:Strength vs Weakness. Israel or Muslim "extremists"? China or the US? Friends vs enemies/animals. "Obvious" biases.

As neutral analytic options disappear, truthiness saturates the whole.

Any attempt by you to portray yourself as a neutral arbiter of the truth can only be met with laughter and ill disguised scorn.

(08-28-2019, 04:57 PM)Benton Wrote: Largely it's worked for them for a few decades. American politicians know policies are harmful long-term, but it keeps prices low short term and that's good for reelection. Good for big donors, too.

Don't interrupt Dill.  He's too busy trying to castigate me for speaking the truth than to actually listen to it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump's ethanol waivers are sparking rebellion in farm country - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-02-2019, 12:12 PM