Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's ethanol waivers are sparking rebellion in farm country
(09-02-2019, 02:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Again, you miscast my statement.  What am I saying is patently obvious to someone without an agenda.  I could explain further but you're honestly not worth the effort as it would simply generate another ill reasoned response from you further mischaracterizing what I'm actually conveying.  Oddly, Benton, who does not have an agenda, appears to complete get it.  

I could, and did, but see above why I won't be bothering with doing so with you.

Yes, you and Dino do seem to generate a lot of the same type of posts.  I also didn't say he supports China, merely that he is acting exactly how they hope he, and others, will.  A better way to say it would be that he's a dupe for China or that he's dancing to their tune.  

No, I don't.  I accuse you of having an anti-Israeli and pro muslim bias because your posting history positively screams it.  Please believe I am far from the only person to notice this.  As to your erroneous assertion about Dino and China, please see above.

No, it's based on your posting history and nothign else.

I find myself lacking the willpower to have a reasoned argument with a person(s) determined to to see it.  Again, that I have this issue with only the two of you (now) can just as easily be read as an indictment of you as it could of me.  Not surprisingly you've chosen the latter.  Quite simply, you're wearying to discuss topics with the majority of the time.  Correcting your constant misinterpretations, deliberate or otherwise, makes it a banal and odious task that I often choose to avoid.

Benton made a point about China that no one here disagrees with, but which has nothing to do with your style of argument--the issue addressed in my post. It is in fact an example of that neutral sort of analysis I was holding up as ideal standard. When he calls Dino a "dupe" for China he will no longer be in that neutral mode.

I just explained why "patently obvious" doesn't cut it, especially followed by claims others "misinterpret" you, when you cannot even articulate the misinterpretation. You aren't "correcting misinterpretations" when you just repeat that your original claim is obvious "to anyone without an agenda," or that you are "far from the only one to agree" with it. All still just appeal to an impression called "obvious."

I ask that you support arguments with evidence and respect logical consistency--especially when making claims involving the character of other posters. And vague reference to "posting history" which "screams" isn't evidence, no matter how many adjectives you add.

But here as on many other threads, you find it all "wearying" and "banal" when I ask you turn from personal attack back to civil discourse which respects rational norms and protocols of evidence.  

You are really just asking for a pass to fling around claims--including personal attacks--based on impressions, without all the bother of legitimating support. You cannot demonstrate, for example, that I am an "apologist for Muslims." But you want to keep calling me that anyway. If Dino presents evidence Trump's tariffs may be hurting the US more than China, you don't want to show that they do not, or why that shouldn't matter. No, you shift to Dino personally. In disagreeing with you, he is "carrying China's" water, "supporting China," and a Chinese "dupe"--thus converting disagreement with you to siding with THEM. THEY are depending on him to win. People "without an agenda" do not argue like this.

No way can all this be "as easily be read as an indictment of [us] as well as it could of [you]."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump's ethanol waivers are sparking rebellion in farm country - Dill - 09-02-2019, 03:59 PM