Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump golfing during Hurricane Dorian
(09-03-2019, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Lucky I'm not a news report on a news station.

I'm just a citizen who will continually remind Trump supporters they voted for a lazy, lying grifter.

I don't care if that makes them upset.  I don't care if people who already dislike DJT get upset.

Trump's "method" is to keep moving the target.  He has so many bad things going on at once no one can stay focused on the latest thing.  His golfing, during a hurricane, after canceling a trip to Poland to watch the hurricane is a nice little packaged story.

There was a South Park episode a few years ago where Cartman and his girlfriend break up after she realizes he isn't good for her. Rather than comforting or making her feel better, her friends mocked her for ever being with him in the first place. Eventually, this mockery led her to go back to him, because she no longer felt welcomed by her friends.

They posed it as a reference to Trump and his supporters, particularly the supporters who voted for him because he said or did something but are now suffering from him breaking his promises.

I'm all for pointing out his hypocrisy and idiocy. But continually reminding them of the same things over and over again even if it makes them upset won't change their mind. It'll just make them drift further into his grasp.

The phrase "beating a dead horse" is relevant in this case, I think.

I just don't really see the point. The people who agree with you (like myself, for the record) will say "yep, sounds about right."

So if it is beating a dead horse with one side, and a known fact with the other side, what's even the purpose? haha

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump golfing during Hurricane Dorian - CJD - 09-03-2019, 04:23 PM