Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you know you're going to be murdered
(10-04-2015, 12:18 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Im watching "Schindlers List" on Flix right now and with the recent mass murders this past week it got me thinking.

Why would anyone knowingly just walk to their deaths?

Those Christians who had their heads cut off on video by isis, they know they are going to die a horrible death...why cooperate with them in any way?

I know there were some who fought back and didn't cooperate like the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto, the Jews and Russians at Sobibor, the man this past week who rushed the gunman and was shot seven times. There are more examples I'm sure of heroic acts against evil.

If only there were more.

I'm just thinking out loud and trying to make sense of things.

My guess is that once it gets close enough, and you know it is inevitable, that you become resigned and go into a sort of state of shock as a defense mechanism. Not defense as in preventing it from happening, but a self defense against the trauma of the act. Your brain kind of switches off and the event is somehow less traumatic. If you have ever seen prey animals being killed, they kind of do the same thing. They fight and struggle to a point, then they just kind of lay there and switch off. I think its some kind of primal mechanism in all living things.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you know you're going to be murdered - Beaker - 10-04-2015, 09:28 AM