Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys there's a game this Sunday! Wanna talk about it?
(09-03-2019, 11:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So yeah, I dunno if you're like me or anything but it's pretty exciting that football is back and that the Bengals kickoff on Sunday. And I just had this crazy thought that maybe people would want to talk about the game? I mean maybe I'm wrong and you're more interested in yet another thread about who's calling the shots in the front office, or an in depth discussion on how Josh Malone totally should still be on the roster, or some more analysis of Mike Brown as an owner ("hey guys did you know he might not be very good?")... but I'm thinking somebody might want to , you know, talk some football?

So Bengals vs Seahawks, this Sunday at 4pm. The baby Bengals are lead by their new young coaching staff into one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL to square off against a playoff team from a year ago. What matchups do you look at as favoring the good guys? What matchups do you think will cause us fits? Is there anything in particular you think is the key to the game, and why is that? What are you looking for on offense, and what approach do you think we might see from the defense? Are there any players in particular you look to be an X factor? If you've got thoughts on any of these, I'd love to hear and discuss them!

Note that this is NOT a predictions thread (that's elsewhere), but feel free to throw yours out there in your discussion if you want.

Bengals are 11-9 all time vs the Seahawks (including 1 playoff game)
Bengals are 2-0 vs the Seahawks in the Dalton/Green era.
Bengals are 4-4 vs the Seahawks in Seattle

Seattle is a 9.5 pt favorite (biggest favorite of the week)
Predicted score is 28-9
Over/Under is 44. Vegas is picking the Under.

Trends:
Seahawks are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 opening month games, but...
they're 5-0 SU in their last 5 at home and 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 against the AFC North.
Seattle is 14-0 SU and 12-2 ATS in it's last 14 September home games. 
Seattle is 18-3 SU in their last 21 when hosting an East Coast team.

Bengals are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games (lol Driskel), but...
they're 5-0 ATS in their last 5 on the West Coast and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 September games (Dalton).
Bengals are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against an NFC West team.

The total has gone Over in 6 of Seattle's last 7 games against the Bengals and in 8 of Seattle's last 9 games overall. 
The Over has also hit in 7 of the Bengals last 9 week 1 games and in each of their last 5 September matchups.

By score alone, Seattle is 4-0 in their last 4 September home games and the Bengals are 3-3 in their last 6 September road games, since 2016.

Bengals vs NFC West all time (regular season) 28-28.

I don't know what the heck to do with all those numbers because my head is spinning now but somehow, Vegas has the Seahawks winning big despite them being slow starters and the Bengals being fast starters and playing well on the West Coast. Nervous

They make note of the Bengals bad defense last year (a couple times), uncertain offensive line and AJ being out. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey guys there's a game this Sunday! Wanna talk about it? - rfaulk34 - 09-04-2019, 02:55 AM