Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys there's a game this Sunday! Wanna talk about it?
(09-03-2019, 11:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So yeah, I dunno if you're like me or anything but it's pretty exciting that football is back and that the Bengals kickoff on Sunday. And I just had this crazy thought that maybe people would want to talk about the game? I mean maybe I'm wrong and you're more interested in yet another thread about who's calling the shots in the front office, or an in depth discussion on how Josh Malone totally should still be on the roster, or some more analysis of Mike Brown as an owner ("hey guys did you know he might not be very good?")... but I'm thinking somebody might want to , you know, talk some football?

So Bengals vs Seahawks, this Sunday at 4pm. The baby Bengals are lead by their new young coaching staff into one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL to square off against a playoff team from a year ago. What matchups do you look at as favoring the good guys? What matchups do you think will cause us fits? Is there anything in particular you think is the key to the game, and why is that? What are you looking for on offense, and what approach do you think we might see from the defense? Are there any players in particular you look to be an X factor? If you've got thoughts on any of these, I'd love to hear and discuss them!

Note that this is NOT a predictions thread (that's elsewhere), but feel free to throw yours out there in your discussion if you want.

The Bengals have won the last two games against the Seahawks.

In 2011, with a rookie QB and star WR, the Bengals went into Seattle and beat them 34 to 12. Beastmode had 24 yards on 16 carries.

In 2015, the Seahawks came to PBS and Bengals won in OT 27 to 24.

Last year in game one, with a worse team than this year's (by some accounts) and with a worse coaching staff than this year's (by some accounts), the Bengals went to Indy and beat a team that finished 10-6, won their division and their wildcard round game.

This year in game one, with a better team (by some accounts) and with a way better coaching staff (by some accounts), the Bengals are going to Seattle to play a team that finished 10-6 last season, earned a wildcard spot and lost in that wildcard game.

So, we should win handily, right?

I mean, like all logic says we'll just roll away with this one. We got rid of Marv who doesn't know anything. We hired Wonder Coach who knows everything.

Talk is so freakin' cheap. I want to see all this New Dey stuff translate into wins on the field. Week one is a good time to start. Games count now.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey guys there's a game this Sunday! Wanna talk about it? - BengalChris - 09-04-2019, 01:29 PM