Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damion Willis 1st game compared to past WRs.
(09-03-2019, 12:53 AM)samhain Wrote: How awesome would it be if this guy was for real?  It would be the definition of found money.  Have him fill in admirably, then get Green back and have a pretty formidable receiving corps for the rest of the year.  Not to mention the fact that he addresses the need to draft another receiver next year if he's legit.  With the needs we have, that's a big deal.

The two players I'll be most interested in watching this season are Michael Jordan and Willis.  If they pan out, it would mean a lot in terms of getting this team going in the right direction.

This would be insanely cool. If Willis plays well it will help out the entire team tons. Same with Jordan.

Pratt is the other rookie I will be watching, loved this guy in college. Will take time with these guys.

Does with all rookies pretty much besides AJ.

(09-03-2019, 01:09 AM)Shady Wrote: The kid's a hard worker. I read somewhere about him staying late after his HS practices to work on his technique, catching balls. I also heard him say the same about staying late after college practices to get his timing down with Troy's QB. And he's humble about it.

He says he chose us because he wanted the chance to come watch AJ Green, his idol, work. I think if he can get off to a good start, or maybe even if he doesn't, AJ's going to help him develop whatever talent he might have. He landed in a great place with a great mentor and some really good WR coaches.

I don't think any of us knows how good he can be. We'll see on Sunday. If he's anywhere near as good as we hope, we're going to have one of the top 5-10 WRs corps in the league. I don't know if anyone's as good as KCs WRs. If we hope to rank up thre with the Chiefs, some of it depends on Willis, but alot more of it depends on Ross. Can he for us wha Hill is for KC?

Love Willis's class.

And yes we have a good WR coach in Bicknell and Taylor and Callahan are good with WR's.

(09-03-2019, 01:10 AM)Joelist Wrote: What I like about Willis is that his ascent is not because he is some sort of track start but rather because he plays the ball well in the air and seems to have special skill in hauling the ball in.

Dude is great at playing the ball in the air. But he is fast too, surprised he went undrafted after watching his highlights.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Damion Willis 1st game compared to past WRs. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-04-2019, 01:46 PM