Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross interview a jab at former coaching?
(09-03-2019, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: John Ross was just interviewed today and the question was asked of what will he bring to this offense (0:47 mark)?
His response was, "Whatever they need me to. There are a lot of things I do well. It's not so much of just 'run down the field' or 'clear this guy out,' there's a lot of things I can do. With the way guys are moved around this offense, I'll be able to showcase a lot of that."
https://www.bengals.com/video/ross-i-just-felt-like-i-got-another-gear

Do you all think this was a jab at the former coaching staff for how he was used the past two years? Or do you think it was just Ross emphasizing that he's not just a deep threat?

Nice interview, I do think it was a little jab cause he can do a lot of different things, he is not just a track guy. Never has been
John Ross III is a football player and he just needs to get out there and play football and as he says, have fun. Once he is not 
thinking so much he should become that player we thought he would be Ocho. Sounds like his head is on right right now and he
should be playing Sunday which might open up some plays for others or he might do it himself.

Should be nice having Eifert out there with him who when healthy is that fast, playmaking TE that Ross has never had on the 
field with him. Just hoping these guys stay healthy for once. That is the only way we can tell. Ross wasn't used right last season
and still scored 7 TD's. I expect much better this year if he can stay healthy cause I think Taylor will know how to use him and 
Taylor is a fun HC to play for. Should help Ross a lot with a coach with this demeanor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross interview a jab at former coaching? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-05-2019, 05:17 PM