Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-27-2015, 10:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not to open a can of worms; but no. Do you suggest a piece of paper will make homosexual couples more committed to each other? Sorta like suggesting "Hey we can get married, so I'm going to play the field until we can".

Marriage would affect heterosexual couples much more in this monogamy slant, mainly because a high percentage of hetero marriages are based on religion and the textbook states Adultery is a sin. Not sure the gay couple is that concerned with those and other lessons in the textbook.

A couple of things. The idea of a (presumably) life long binding contract with each other recognized by the government means the same exact things to a married gay couple as it does to a married straight couple. Likewise, the flexibility that unmarried straight couples feel in their relationships is the same with gay couples. You're not committed so infidelity is more likely.

Cheating on your spouse is also just a horrible thing to do. I think most people who are faithful are faithful because they don't want to hurt their spouse, not because some people wrote it in a book thousands of years ago. Suggesting that most people who stay faithful do so for religious reasons is just ***** stupid.

That aside, a majority of gay people identify with a religion (granted a slim majority,but a majority nonetheless), so would those religious reasons not be as important? All people sin, right? There's really no contradiction in being religious and gay. My gay brother is very active in his local parish. While he still attends Catholic mass, he has become more active in the local Episcopal church given their more open views.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - BmorePat87 - 05-27-2015, 10:44 PM