Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This may be the biggest accounting fraud in history
(09-10-2019, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You'd have to take that up with the board at WSJ as I haven't done an in depth analysis of the economic decision. I simply pointed to where I thought WSJ was finding fraud. Perhaps there was some sort of "collusion" between POTUS and the Democratically controlled Congress. It seem they think the administration misrepresented the "benefit" of de-privatizing to loan system and perhaps did it with the motivation of funding their wall healthcare plan. 

Well, the CBO is a nonpartisan agency that is there to provide fiscal estimates to Congress. The post you link to indicates that the reason for the faulty estimate was due to a bill signed in 1990 that prevents the CBO from accurately assessing these sorts of financial issues. It's almost as if the WSJ editorial board is full of shit and chose to ignore this in order to cast aspersions at the last Democratic administration as the election season heats up. But that's just one possible option.

(09-10-2019, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The crazy thing is: It seems the Liberal would be more upset about this than the Conservative; as it could be a case of American citizens bailing out the rich, but they were "Too Big to Fail".

Or I'm not expressing my opinion on the move by Congress and the Obama administration and rather just trying to make sure we aren't disguising highly partisan false information within seemingly reasonable conversation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: This may be the biggest accounting fraud in history - Belsnickel - 09-10-2019, 05:01 PM