Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?
(09-13-2019, 03:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's more truth in your statement then many would like to admit, nihilistic though it is.  After watching last night I just can't fathom the need for the Dems to out "woke" each other.  Biden literally stated that non-violent criminals should not be incarcerated.  Burglaries, auto theft and shop lifting would absolutely skyrocket.  It's insane what I'm seeing from them.  It's like they actually want Trump to win again.

Meh, who knows...Trump running for the republicans was supposedly a "guaranteed win" for whomever runs as a democrat.  With Trump winning in 2016 I'm thinking at least for a while elections are going to go for the person who makes the craziest statements because there seems to be a whole lot of "I don't care if he/she keeps his/her promises as long as he/she wins and upsets the other side" going on.

For all I know Biden saying we won't lock up non-violent criminals is just his "Mexico will pay for the wall" campaign statement.  Perhaps the new form of politics is to say all kinds of crap and get people to vote for what you say even though you won't or can't do it.  How hard is it to picture a democrat saying "Oh, I knew Biden wasn't going to be able to keep all those campaign promises, but the important thing is that Trump didn't win."

(09-13-2019, 01:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As to the OP Question.

No,
People already hate or don't hate before Trump came along. All that's happening is people are trying to use his words to justify their hate with him or to him.

It was same with Obama, but he wasn't quite the polarizing figure that Trump is, but the Right didn't hate Obama back then as bad as the left hates Trump now.

Normally I'd agree that people have predisposed love/hate for a politician depending on the party, but Trump is the only president (save Reagan, I guess) who was well-known before taking office.  To compare an actual politician that the average american never knows about until the election to a guy who had a prime time show about how much of an elitist jerk he is isn't particularly accurate.  

The way I see it, Trump was a fairly detestable figure (and that was part of his brand image) who managed to endear himself to the right wing because he joined their side and promised to use his winning touch for them.  I can't honestly imagine many democrats saying that they really liked Trump until he became president, but who knows...the guy is a blue state celebrity who rubbed elbows with the Clintons, supported gun control, and was liberally social when it fit his agenda.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Trump inspire hate from his followers? - Nately120 - 09-13-2019, 03:26 PM