Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Fear the 49ers Uncovered Old Merchant Marine Footage and Figured Out Lou's Playbook
(09-15-2019, 05:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow. EVERYTHING the 49ers did on offense worked.

There was a point where they scored on 7 out of 9 drives.

The tackling was terrible. The defensive line did nothing. There was no pass rush. Huge holes. We gave up big passes. Screens kept working over and over. The 49ers faked a play to the right and ran it to the left...repeatedly and it kept working.

And that's just the failures on defense.

Lawson injured AGAIN. Webb injured.

And, things didn't get better in the 2nd half.

I called for an upgrade at LB and the Bengals didn't do that...and they got bludgeoned on the ground.

We gave up 259 yards rushing @ 6.2 yards per carry and 313 yards passing. Utterly destroyed.

They got their run game working early and Shanahan was 2 steps ahead of Lou all game long.  Reality is, unless our DL dominates, it's going to be hard to stop the run running as much nickel as we do.

Tackling also sucked.  I counted two big plays where WJIII looked like Deion Sanders in run support.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Fear the 49ers Uncovered Old Merchant Marine Footage and Figured Out Lou's Playbook - Whatever - 09-15-2019, 06:12 PM