Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Fear the 49ers Uncovered Old Merchant Marine Footage and Figured Out Lou's Playbook
(09-15-2019, 07:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think the defensive gameplan was great from jump street. The 9'ers don't have good WR's.  They should have run more 4-3 base and put 8 in the box to stop the run.  They were able to get their WR's going off the run game.  

Reality is, the offense is in trouble until AJ comes back.  The OL is decimated with injuries and is getting no push in the run game.  Mixon is misreading what little running room he does get.  Eifert looks tentative.  They aren't getting anything out of the guys behind Boyd and Ross at WR.  Dalton has missed reads and bad throws.  

Agreed. Nice posts. So we know the gameplan was bad from the start, but you have to adjust. The 49ers were running. The coaches either couldn't adjust or they did and the players still couldn't stop it. PFF talked about how great Kittle was run blocking.

Ross kind of disappeared until that 66 yarder on the last play. Agree on Eifert. Uzomah is mediocre too. I mean as a backup, he's not bad...but he's not a gamechanger.

Mixon looks like the lack of blocking is in his head. He looked so frustrated.

And yes...Dalton is Dalton. IF you put him throwing it 50 times a game, he'll make mistakes and misread throws some.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Fear the 49ers Uncovered Old Merchant Marine Footage and Figured Out Lou's Playbook - THE PISTONS - 09-15-2019, 07:54 PM