Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Offensive Line Issues Fixable this year?
(09-15-2019, 11:10 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: On that particular play on the video, Dalton held the ball too long.  That was more a coverage sack than anything.

My two cents:  Injuries are the biggest single factor.  I think everyone came into the year thinking, at various times, that four guys who aren't starting would be.  That would be Boling, Price, Glenn, and after the draft Williams.  I know several posters- you among them- who have constantly been on management for not addressing the OL.  That's a bit of an exaggeration seeing how they could not foresee some of the events which have transpired.

They could foresee it, in a sense. OL is the weakest position in the league by far so they team should have not only kept the good ones they had (Whit, Zeitler) but drafted more of them. You literally cannot have enough good OL. Use the DL as an example (well, maybe not today). At worst, you have 'too many' and you can trade to desperate teams. 

The fact that good OL are so scarce was the main reason I disagreed with letting Whit and Zeitler go. We will pay Dre $9M per year and Hart $5M but would not pay Zeitler - by the way his contract now is not that bad as many guards are paid more. Complete front office lack of planning, strategy and awareness. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Offensive Line Issues Fixable this year? - I_C_DeadPeople - 09-15-2019, 11:40 PM